Score definition, score meaning
5 letters in word "score": C E O R S.
Anagrams of score:
Words found within score:
More info about score >
- mark: a number or letter indicating quality (especially of a student's performance); "she made good marks in algebra"; "grade A milk"; "what was ... a written form of a musical composition; parts for different instruments appear on separate staves on large pages; "he studied the score of the sonata" a number that expresses the accomplishment of a team or an individual in a game or contest; "the score was 7 to 0" a set of twenty members; "a score were sent out but only one returned" grounds; "don't do it on my account"; "the paper was rejected on account of its length"; "he tried to blame the victim but his success on that score was doubtful" gain points in a game; "The home team scored many times"; "He hit a home run"; "He hit .300 in the past season" the facts about an actual situation; "he didn't know the score" make small marks into the surface of; "score the clay before firing it" an amount due (as at a restaurant or bar); "add it to my score and I'll settle later" make underscoring marks write a musical score for a slight surface cut (especially a notch that is made to keep a tally) seduce: induce to have sex; "Harry finally seduced Sally"; "Did you score last night?"; "Harry made Sally" grudge: a resentment strong enough to justify retaliation; "holding a grudge"; "settling a score" the act of scoring in a game or sport; "the winning score came with less than a minute left to play" get a certain number or letter indicating quality or performance; "She scored high on the SAT"; "He scored a 200" sexual conquest: a seduction culminating in sexual intercourse; "calling his seduction of the girl a `score' was a typical example of male slang" grade: assign a grade or rank to, according to one's evaluation; "grade tests"; "score the SAT essays"; "mark homework"
- Score is the name of a sexploitation film directed by Radley Metzger that was one of the first films to explore bi-sexual relationships. It was part of the brief porn chic fad in the early 1970s that also included The Devil in Miss Jones and Deep Throat
- In a game the score refers to the amount of points achieved by a player or team.
- Score is a 3CD/2DVD combination by progressive metal band Dream Theater. It is a live album, recorded on April 1, 2006 at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. This is the final concert of their 20th Anniversary Tour, labeled "A Very Special Evening with Dream Theater". ...
- SCORE was an English language general sports magazine printed in Madrid, Spain and distributed monthly along the Costa del Sol. The magazine adopted an Anglo-centric focus on all sports, offering coverage of the month's top events, as well as a local focus.
- SCORE was a joint venture with Financial News Network which aired sports-themed programming in the 1980s.
- In statistics, the score or score function is the partial derivative, with respect to some parameter , of the logarithm (commonly the natural logarithm) of the likelihood function. ...
- In video games the score is usually an indicator of a player's skill or progress. Good scores are often placed on a high scores table. Scores can come in different types, but usually the score is a numerical value.
- The musical component of a movie's soundtrack. Many scores are written specifically for movies by composers.
- To cut shallow slashes into a ham or other food, usually for decoration, to allow excess fat to drain, or to help tenderize.
- To mechanically crease or press a channel into paper along a line so it will fold more easily.
- A crease put on paper to help it fold better.
- Impressions or cuts in flat material to facilitate bending or tearing.
- A record of the moves of a particular game, usually expressed in algebraic notation.
- Refers to the grade of butter. Butter is graded/scored by government inspectors on the basis of flavor, aroma, body and texture.
- A printed or written version of a musical work in notational form which shows the parts for the participating voices or instruments on two or more staffs.
- A crease put into a sheet of paper to aid in folding.
- a pressed mark in a sheet of paper, usually a thick paper, to make folding cleaner and easier.
- A linear combination of an observed set of measured variables. The coefficients for the linear combination are usually determined by some matrix computation. ...
- The written music of an opera or other musical work.
- The Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) is a 12,400-member volunteer association sponsored by the SBA. SCORE matches volunteer business-management counselors with present prospective small business owners in need of expert advice.
- The term used to describe a "cut" on the surface of a glass or mirror with a glass cutter.
- Musical notation showing all parts arranged one underneath the other.
- This field displays a risk score that ranges from 0-10 where a score of zero is low risk and a score of ten is high risk. The risk score is calculated using many but not all of the data fields addressed below. ...
- The NCE was developed to allow mathematical manipulation of NP scores—especially for program evaluation and research requiring the comparison of scores across groups or across time. ...
- twenty pounds (£20). From the 1900's, simply from the word 'score' meaning twenty, derived apparently from the ancient practice of counting sheep in lots of twenty, and keeping tally by cutting ('scoring') notches into a stick.
- To cut slits through the outer surface of food before cooking to tenderize or to make a decorative pattern.
- Scores are scale scores, generally estimated using Item Response Theory (IRT) by modeling the probability of answering a question in a certain way as a mathematical function of proficiency or skill. ...
- The score is the numerical result of a comparison function. It indicates to what degree the sampled biometric data matches the stored template data for an individual.
- Supplemental Complex Repository for Examiners
- needed before folding (all heavy weight papers) to create an accurate and neat fold line.
- A specific number that results from the assessment of an individual.
- In Director, the tool that organizes and controls all of the elements in the movie. The playback head travels from point to point in the score and executes the commands recorded there. Sprites, scripts, palettes, and other elements can be positioned in the score to perform a certain way.
- SCORE | Small business mentoring and training | SCORE · Official siteFree online and face-to-face business counseling, mentoring, and training. Business help and advice for small businesses just starting or for existing businesses hoping to grow.
- Score Synonyms, Score Antonyms | Find score synonyms and score antonyms at , a free online Thesaurus and Synonym /browse/score · Cached pageSCORE San DiegoSCORE's volunteer counselors, comprised of active and retired business men and women, provide clients with free and confidential business counseling.https://www.score-/index.asp · Cached pageScore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaScore may refer to: Score, a 2006 album by Dream Theater; Score (game), a number of points achieved in a sporting event or game; Score, a 1972 sexplotaition /wiki/Score · Cached pagescore - Definition of score at noun. a scratch, mark, incision, etc.: scores made on ice by skates; a line drawn or scratched, often to mark a starting point, etc. notches made in wood, marks made as with chalk /score · Cached pageNYPL, SIBL Business Counseling (SCORE)SCORE volunteers help prospective and established small business owners and managers identify problems, determine the causes, and find /research/sibl/smallbus/score.htm · Cached pageSCORE Boston - Free Counseling for Boston Small Business and for ...Over 50 counselors participate in Boston’s SCORE chapter and their combined experience and knowledge could match most Business School faculties. We offer free counceling · Cached pageNews: score NBC Sports
- Southern California Offshore Range (SCORE) SCORE Home SCI OPCON Home SCI Home Links: The Southern California Offshore Range (SCORE), located at Fleet Area Control and Surveillance Facility, N.A.S. North Island ...https:// · Cached pageScore International Off Road RacingScore International - The organization that puts on the Baja 1000 and other famous races.www.score- · Cached pageFind SCORE Locations Near You | SCOREFind a SCORE chapter near you to connect with a counselor who will provide face-to-face business /findscore/index.html · Cached pageSCOREWeb-based classroom resources in history, math, language arts, and social studies from Schools of California including literature guides for many K-12 titles.www.score.k12.ca.us · Cached page//score: Definition, Synonyms from n. A notch or incision, especially one that is made to keep a tally. Sports & Games . A usually numerical record of a competitive event: keeping score. The total number of /topic/score · Cached pageThe ScoreGreg Fiume/Getty Images National disaster. The worst-case scenario could come to fruition for phenom Nationals pitcher Stephen Strasburg. Full · Cached pageScore A Programme SystemForgot password? · Cached pageScore Sports - Soccer - Basketball - Training Gear - Casual WearSoccer and basketball uniforms, apparel and equipment at factory direct prices. Wide selection and over 35 years experience! · Cached /SPLASH.php · Cached pagescore - definition of score by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus ...score (skôr, sk r) n. 1. A notch or incision, especially one that is made to keep a tally. 2. Sports & Games. a. A usually numerical record of a competitive event: keeping /score · Cached pageKaplan TutoringKaplan Tutoring offers math help, reading help and homework help through local tutoring services and online · Cached pageScor-it-All: The Ultimate Design ToolScor-it-All - The ultimate tool for hand scoring paper. Scorit creates professional machine-quality scores in all types of paper stock by hand in seconds. It is your perfect scor · Cached pageSCORE! Educational Centers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Free 2010 Credit Score Get Current Credit Score Instantly. View Securely Online. Fast & See your message here